MoreMetrics is a new free service provided by the Italian startup Bryo to help you importing some core Social Media metrics like Facebook fans or Twitter followers into any Google Analytics property.
Wouldn’t be nice to have Facebook Page Fans stats in Google Analytics? Tired of checking your KPIs on different sites? Do you love Google Analytics as much as we do? Let’s give MoreMetrics a try. (site claim)
At the moment of launch there are the following options: Facebook Likes/Fans, Twitter Followers and Youtube Views/Subscribers. MailChimp is expected soon.
Once such data is imported into your GA, you can then create a Widget in a custom GA Dashboard to show a timeline of your SM trends.
Here is a step-by-step guide:
- Click on Dashboards, choose a dashboard and click on Add Widget.
- Give a Widget title matching the type of SM metric, for example “Facebook fans”
- Choose Standard/Timeline
- Choose “Event Value” in Graph the following metric over time
- Filters using the following three conditions:
a. Only show Event Category Exactly matching MoreMetrics
b. Only show Event Action Exactly matching the type of metric you want to show (e.g. FB Fans)
c. Only show Event Label Exactly matching the [Event Label]
Some additional notes:
- normally such metrics are not available in Google Analytics, not even in the Acquisition/Social report.
- data are sent once a day therefore data will be available in about 24 hours
- Universal Analytics is needed since the tool uses Measurement Protocol
- Event value is the sum of all likes (or followed) day by day therefore you need to look at the daily value, not its aggregate: you need a dashboard widget to explore such data into Google Analytics
Update – some examples of GA dashboard widgets built through MoreMetrics:
Try MoreMetrics now.